I love playing with makeup and 2016 brought some amazing products. Unfortunately I don’t have unlimited funds to try them all out. I have a REALLY long wish list. But I did get to try some real gems. I am letting you in on some of my go-to products. Obviously I don’t even have one of everything here but I do have the items I find myself reaching for consistently. In the comments let me know what I HAVE to try in 2017!
- Maybelliene Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation : buildable coverage that gives you a great glow. Used with a good primer it is great!
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette : I tried so many drugstore brands but no one came close to the color payout of Kat’s shades. TBH I don’t use the “light” shades but the contour colors I use all of them on different occasions. I am fair skin and literally can wear each color. It’s a must have for contouring.
- L’oreal Magic Lumi Primer : OK this kind of false advertising. I don’t love this as a face primer. But I do love this as a thinning agent for concealers or foundations that are too thick (causing that “cakey” look) I use this really often to thin out my concealer without losing a lot of color payout (because a little goes a long way) and it makes whatever you are mixing it with stay better!
- Urban Decay Potion Primer : This has been an essential in so many of our makeup bags for so long, and for a reason. I still have yet to find a better eyeshadow primer that prevents creasing and makes any eyeshadow stick.
- Femme Couture Baked Eyeshadow – Pure Platinum : Another case of false advertising but this stuff will give you blinding, NikkieTutorials level, highlight. It is soooo good as a highlighter.
- NYX Lingerie Lipsticks in Bedtime Flirt & Exotic : I’ll be honest, I own each color in the collection. They stay put pretty well for not being a long-wear lipstick, the matte is so in right now, and they are so easy to color match. These two colors in particular are just gorgeous colors. If you had to go with two they are great starter colors.
- Real Techniques Beauty Sponge : My go-to beauty sponge.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara : Want amazing lashes? Try this mascara. Although some claim it made their lashes clumpy I found it easy to thin out any clumps with the brush. And while on the topic, that brush catches each lash. Love.
- ColourPop Matte Eyeshadows : Great color payout, great color selection, and so very reasonably priced. My go to color right now is seeker and is the perfect crease / outer-crease color. This is my first foray into ColourPop and I would love to try more!